Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!” Proverbs 3:5-8, The Message
One morning last week while driving down I-285, I was pondering the difficulties in my life and those around me. Needless to say, my heart was extremely heavy, as I could not figure out “why” these challenges were going on or “what” to do about them. These thoughts led me to feelings of hopelessness, but then the Holy Spirit whispered ever so quietly to me, “Tracy, you may never know why these situations are going on but you know “Who” God is.” Within an instant I began to feel better. I got my eyes off the problem and onto God – The Solution.
The truth is:
- When my body is sick – He is my Healer.
- When I cannot pay my bills – He is my Provider.
- When my mind is filled with worry – He is my Peace.
- When my family forsakes me – He is my Father, Mother, Sister and Brother.
- When my heart is filled with anger – He is my Forgiving Father.
- When strife is all around me – He is my Protector.
- When my friend betrays me – He is my Loyal Companion.
- When I am rejected – He is my Acceptance.
- When I don’t know what to do – He is my Wisdom.
- When I do or say the wrong thing – He is my Grace.
- When I can barely get out of bed – He is the Lifter of my head.
- When I am afraid – He is my Perfect Love that casts out all fear.
I look forward to being with Cumberland Community Church on Mother’s Day! God has put a message on my heart and I am confident that He will show Himself faithful. Be encouraged today that no matter what you are going through, God is everything you need. Run to Him and as the scripture states, “your body will glow with health and your bones will vibrate with life” (Proverbs 3:8)!