(A picture of me & Brigette, my dear friend of 17 years)
“For everything we know about God’s Word is summed up in a single sentence: Love others as you love yourself. That’s an act of true freedom.” Galatians 5:14, The Message Translation
What kind of a friend are you?
– Do you hold confidences or break them?
– Do you celebrate successes or respond in jealousy?
– Do you “give” in the relationship or simply “take”?
– Do you thank God daily for their friendship or take them for granted?
– Do you listen or do all the talking?
– Do you tell them how much they mean to you or assume they already know?
– Do you encourage them when they are down or pick them apart with your words?
– Do you bringing your friends closer to Christ or pull them farther away?
– Do you love at all times or just when it’s about you?
– Do you speak highly of others or gossip about them behind their back?
– Do you forgive or hold bitterness in your heart?
– Do you see the best in others or assume the worst?
– Do you judge quickly or give the benefit of the doubt?
So let me ask you again: What kind of a friend you are?
It is so easy to see faults in other people, yet fail to see the truth about us. Earlier this year, I encouraged you to do a “friend check” (click here if you did not read this blog) and give God permission to remove anyone who is a wrong influence in your life and bring new friendships, which will encourage you to fulfill your destiny in Christ. I have heard from so many of you how God is moving in your life concerning your friendships. However, it is now time to do some self-reflection and make sure that you are being the kind of friend you are expecting everyone else to be.
“Help me to be the kind of friend I am expecting others to be to me. Forgive me Lord for gossip, jealousy, unforgiveness, assumption, selfishness and not sharing how important my friends and family are to me. I speak blessings over those You have brought into my life and I ask that goodness and mercy follow them all of their days. You are my best friend Jesus and I long to be a faithful friend to You here on earth. Open my eyes to see Your goodness and ears to hear Your voice this day. I am so thankful that I can call You my friend. I am never alone or forsaken. Thank you Lord for always being there for me. Your love is amazing and I worship you this day.” Amen.
Dear Tracyhurst.com Readers,
As many of you know, Heather from www.especiallyheather.com is having surgery Thursday at the Mayo Clinic. Please be in prayer for her and her healing. For more information and to sign up for prayer cover click here onto Kelli’s site.